HOME DEPOT/ENGLANDER STOVES

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
well, all you guys with secondary burners, talked me into it.

i spent the weekend "behind the cheddar curtain" visiting and shopping. one stop was home depot. i didn't need a wood stove, but i saw an englander 13 nc for $519 and asked the guy how much he would come down, we agreed on $399!!!! figured i better jump on it.

as it turns out, home depot is not going to stock wood stoves any longer. i was told they would be available only on-line. so i think that they are willing to deal a bit more than usual, as you can tell by the price i achieved.

there were some issues with the stove that required attention before i install it, but the englander customer service line was extremely helpful and accommodating. i should have a test fire in it by thu. at the latest.

so if there is anyone else out there in hearth land that has been waiting to make a purchase, please use this info to your advantage...maybe you can cut a better deal than what is advertised!!

Sweet, now we want some photos. Hope you enjoy it

certified106 said:

i am looking forward to "learning how to burn" again with the secondary combustion thing. as far as the pics go....i have been planning to buy a digital camera since nov. finally picked one out canon sx 130 or something like that. thing is, with the re-modeling of the cottage and now the stove bargain, the camera just keeps getting put off!!

yooperdave said:
certified106 said:

i am looking forward to "learning how to burn" again with the secondary combustion thing. as far as the pics go....i have been planning to buy a digital camera since nov. finally picked one out canon sx 130 or something like that. thing is, with the re-modeling of the cottage and now the stove bargain, the camera just keeps getting put off!!

I'm in the same boat since I have burnt in cat stoves for over twenty years up untill last weekend but I will say it's fun learning something else.

Dave, good to hear you did buy that stove. I hope it serves you well.

wow, that's a good deal.

Congrats! Great Score!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.