HomeMade Boiler Going Crazy with diffrent design oppitions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2003

Feb 16, 2010
southern ohio
There are so many diffrent designs to build .. I would love to build a Garn Style , but there are also so many other good designs...What does everyone think ?? Does anyone got a design that has proven itself ? design and pics welcome

Here is his complete report:

http://hotandcold.tv/wood furnace.html

Cut and paste the whole line to get to the link. The link does not work if you just click on it.

This is the start of the whole gasifier concept.

If you build a downdraft gasser, then I suggest that you start the design around the ceramic secondary burn tunnel of an existing boiler. One of the many crucial design aspects to get right is making sure that the gasification flame only hits ceramic (sometimes called ceramic refractory). You could likely buy a "replacement" tunnel and refractory pieces for a Tarm or Eko, etc. and then design the dimensions of the boiler off of that. Other than that aspect, the next thing to get right is the control and placement of primary and secondary air and sizing the draft fan correctly. If you decide to "clone" a specific model, I am sure there are a lot guys here that would be willing to give you pics of various parts of their boilers. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.