Homemade Vers. Brandname Boiler [wood Gaser's]

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stee6043 said:
I don't think there are many gasser users here that burn "so much wood" compared to any other form of wood heat. And I suspect the "trouble" you reference is mostly us just playing with our systems to get that last few percent of efficiency out.

I doubt very much there are any home built boilers out there that could outperform any of the big name gassers in a side by side comparrison. If you want a true comparison you'd need to start weighing wood and reporting system efficiency and output. Burn times and cord consumption are not measures of performance unless you know exactly your heat loads and boiler output.

So true. At best we only consider about 4 variables, out of probably 50 that would be needed to come up with a statistically valid model. But we love to talk about our setups :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.