Honda eu2000i inverter generator pellet stove-safe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the transfer switch info...that's a clean setup in the vid! Just not sure I lose power enough to warrant it....maybe down the road..
Our house has a walk-out basement where the pellet stove is located. Our kitchen refrigerator is located upstairs a good distance away. It would be very difficult to run cords to both at the same time. I also considered the convenience factor for my wife in the event I am not there during a power-outage as I work full time 65 miles away. All she has to do is roll out the Honda, plug-in the cord, start it & trip 4 switches. The transfer switch cost approx. $300.00 and I installed it. I look at it like insurance. May never need it (ha ha) but the one time you do it's worth it.

Reactions: RhodyPelletRook
Status
Not open for further replies.