Hooking up vent & OAK, question.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

champscorner

Sep 7, 2009
Midwest Ohio
Ok, have the stove in place and vent/oak installed. Getting ready to hook vent/oak to stove. How should I go about hooking the adaptor, to 45 elbow, to the straight length through the wall to the cleanout t. I have high heat silicone, high heat foil tape and hose clamps. Basically, for the best success for no leaks, without making it too hard to disassemble for cleaning, how should I seal the items from back of stove through the clean out t with the materials I have. Thanks all. I'm getting close :)

This photo shows my stove vent adaptor... use high temp silicone on the INSIDE and OUTSIDE of the connection. My Selkirk pipe didn't require any silicone or tape to achieve zero leakage but your pipe may be different.

100_0559.jpg

champscorner said:
Ok, have the stove in place and vent/oak installed. Getting ready to hook vent/oak to stove. How should I go about hooking the adaptor, to 45 elbow, to the straight length through the wall to the cleanout t. I have high heat silicone, high heat foil tape and hose clamps. Basically, for the best success for no leaks, without making it too hard to disassemble for cleaning, how should I seal the items from back of stove through the clean out t with the materials I have. Thanks all. I'm getting close :)

Hi temp silicone for the appliance adapter to stove outlet w/ three sheet metal screws, all other indoor joints can be sealed w/ foil tape. Once it's through the wall, nothing else needed.....any small leaks won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.