Hope I made a good choice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riverat

Burning Hunk
Oct 30, 2014
bainbridge,penna
. Just got back from my stove shop looking to buy a Harmon pellet stove but the fella that's well known for honesty and tons a knowledge on pellet stoves talked me into purchasing a Quadrafire Mt Vernon E2 the wife locked her vision on the porcelain coated one . anyone running this model stove that can give me any draw backs on why I should go with another brand or model?

Any response will be welcome

Jeff

Always heard both are very good.

A happy wife is a happy life!

Reactions: TheUnknownKnows
Only bad thing I have heard is the ceramic coating can get damaged easy so you need to be careful with it

Reactions: bags
So the E2 doesn't have the auto clean...does this mean it doesn't need to shut down for a cleaning every X hours, like the AE does? That's pretty much the worst feature about the AE. When it's 10 degrees out, I don't like that the stove goes into auto clean every 5-6 hours.

Quads seem to be pretty good and reliable stoves as well. Not sure about details on your model in question. I will also say I am very happy with the Harmans. It's all in what floats your boat or the wife's as in many cases here. LOL! Do your research and figure out your best move.

I assume this stove will be in a living area, where looks can also be important. I love the Harman in the basement, but like that my St. Croix looks good sitting in the living room (okay, a little more work, but not too bad). Quads seem to have a good reputation on here, so unless a current owner comes in waiving a big red flag, I would say you should be happy with it.

Thanks to all that replied on my post, I did alot of research on this model and couldn't find any real negatives to want to go with another stove company

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.