1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Hopper extension

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by N.E S4, Feb 11, 2013.

1. N.E S4

N.E S4 Member

I just want to help make it easier for the next guy.

I got my hopper extension for the 25 pdvc on last Thursday. After reading the instruction I found it very difficult to bend all of the tab to make it hold in place.

I've decided to drill 6 holes on the extension and the top of the stove, using self tapping screws to hold them in place.

My stove is a 2004 model and it could need a fresh coat of paint. By bending the tabs it would not be easy to undo it if you need to overhaul the stove.

Since you're drilling holes for the lids, drilling 6 more holes will only take a few minutes. 6 screws from Lowes was only a buck.

Drill the holes on the base of the hopper extension, then set it on top of the old hopper. Make the holes and drill it. This will make it very easy to disassemble in the future.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dgopetactical

Dgopetactical Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    I did not have a issue bending the tabs, but felt better zipping it down with sheet metal screws, if I remember correctly I think it was recommended in the directions.
  3. smoke show

smoke show Guest

yup, self tappers worked good for me too. no bending requieed...
    Defiant likes this.
  4. Defiant

Defiant Vermont Castings Geek

Loc:
    Old Lyme CT
    I can see you are on a bender:p
  5. smoke show

smoke show Guest

ooops. maybe I am. ;)