Hopper extension

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clayton24

Sep 8, 2021
Mercer Pennsylvania
Got a brand new p43 harman. Bought the extension for the hopper… and the only thing holding it down is 4 little rub clamps. You can knock it over by just bumping it. ARE THEY REALLY THINKING THIS WAS A GOOD PRODUCT????

Look at how Don 2222 did his here

I have the extension as well and have had zero problems with the mounts…Dons idea and execution is great as is all of his work

My P61a came with the extension pre-installed and I have no issues with it. But I also have no idea if they added silicone to it.

I added an extension to the P43. But, it was a used stove, and they had discontinued the specific hopper that fit properly, But the Harman extension that I got was a multi-fit (maybe they changed hoile patterns or something), so was a pain- although I got it snug enough that as long as I was consious to hold the side of the hopper while popping the lid, it was fine.

Funny story - @Don2222 added silicone to keep it stable later. He had installed a new exhaust fan for me and when we were horsing the stove back into place, the extension got knocked askew. He decided to fix that issue right away and added silicone. It is now very solid.

Thanks BB
I had a P68 with hopper extension and the vacuum switch would not hold in.
So I added some bolts and high temp clear silicone under the hopper extension to seal it better and then it all work fine.
Silicone makes a good seal to hold the vacuum too. :)

Reactions: ABusWrench