Hopper smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie E

Hearth Supporter
Feb 25, 2010
Central Jersey
Hi all. I have a Harmon P61... about 7 yrs old. In the past few weeks, I have been getting a visable amount of smoke coming from the hopper when I go to load it. Other than that, the stove works fine. Anyboby have any idea what might be causing this to occur. Thanks for any help you can give. Eddie E

smoke in hopper is usually indicative of the "sticky feeder"/"gummy stove" syndrome (extremely rare on the P-38 BTW). You should do a forum search here for info. Contact your dealer and let him/her know about it. It is a problem, and it can be fixed.

Thanks for the info. I made a mistake on the model.... Its a p61-2. I need new glasses.... I cleaned out the hopper completely and ran my fingers in side the drop cavity and it is very gummy and sticky. I' m going to pull the slide plate and give it a good cleaning and see what happens. Thanks again for the help. Eddie E

Delta-T said:
smoke in hopper is usually indicative of the "sticky feeder"/"gummy stove" syndrome (extremely rare on the P-38 BTW). You should do a forum search here for info. Contact your dealer and let him/her know about it. It is a problem, and it can be fixed.

X2 what Delta-T said.......pull the slide plate...is it gummy and/or sticky? Empty the bin....look at the bottom where the rectangular hole is....is it yellowish/brownish? if so, gummy stove....fixable, warrantee-able, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.