Hot Dog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bigealta

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2010
Utah & NJ
Lots of Dogs love the woodstoves. Ever wonder how hot they get sleeping next to them?
4B716E93-78E2-4ADE-B393-84F9024AF5CD.jpeg

@bigealta glad to see the new roommate!!!
My cat sometimes feels like he will spontaneously combust, I think they can take the heat because the fur is hollow and acts like a insulation

My dog doesn’t care much about heat, cold, etc, but I can prove that his nose is the coldest point on his body, lol.

50F67989-18DA-47C0-98DD-9FE687959AE0.jpeg

@bigealta glad to see the new roommate!!!
My cat sometimes feels like he will spontaneously combust, I think they can take the heat because the fur is hollow and acts like a insulation
I also have a cat that loves to sleep in the chair that sits next to my stove. He loves it super toasty. My dogs however like to keep their distance

Reactions: BillBurns
My 4 cats love the heat for sure. My dog...kinda. Thanks for the info and the pics.

My dog was a little upset when I let the stove go out.
Ha yeah luckily for the little guy here, when the stove is cold, he can just buddy up with his Rescue sister the big nice warm Pyrenees mix also from Texas.

7BD3FF1C-D3EE-4F9C-B894-C97224893F16.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ispinwool