Hottest I've seen the Manny!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
From a few coals to 675* stove top in about an hour and a half! Never seen her get above 625* before now, but I'm guessing she's seen this temp a few times when I've loaded her up and gone to bed. Big load of red oak and black birch - throwing some serious heat - downstairs was at 64* when I loader her up - 71* now and climbing! Cheers!

lol, I just got a IR Thermometer a couple weeks ago, and am now sure I had the Homestead at least 625 a few times. So far we have not taken the Manny above 550 that I am aware of (and I am MUCH more sure of my temps now). It is doing so much better and easier then the Homestead did, it's really unbelievable. And the best part is the family that bought the Homestead from us LOVE it, their home is about 1500sqft, and that thing has them in their swim suits for hours on end with 3 splits..

This thread is full of lies. You can't get a Hearthstone above 400°.

:)

When you get above 600 that is some serious heat. We get our stove there on a regular basis.

BrowningBAR said:
This thread is full of lies. You can't get a Hearthstone above 400°.

:)

Ha! My normal operating temp is about 550*, but for whatever reason, once in while she likes to get hot. Over 600* (as you know) is not recommended by Hearthstone, so I don't really like to see it get as hot as it did, but the stove seems to handle it no problem. I used to worry A LOT about cracking the stones if the stove became too hot, but I'm not as worried anymore - the stones seem pretty rugged and since the stove is almost always hot, there is not a lot of thermal shock to the stove when the temps get high (at least that is my story and I'm sticking to it!). On a side note, even at 675*, the stove is throwing a lot of heat, but is doesn't blast you if you are standing close by - I really like the stone. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.