House Humidity With Woodstove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read in many places making sure you are running fresh air to the wood stove is important for humidity control Cold air is usually dry air, and your wood stove will draw fresh air from somewhere, usually pulling that outside cold dry air into the house. So with fresh air to the stove it pulls that cold dry air into the stove not the house. Make logical sense, I have real problems with low humidity in the winter so I am putting in a fresh air to my wood stove.

I don't know the differences cause i always connect an OAK on all the stoves. My pellet stoves have OAK, the Englander stoves always were connected to an OAK but i know that secondary combustion air was from inside the house on those stoves. This is what i like from the BK with just a single intake. '

Now i know that just outside air is supply to the stove and not inside warm air.

Status
Not open for further replies.