1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

How do I get the app for hearth on my new new I phone?

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by Gasifier, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Help with hearth for I phone?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ridemgis

ridemgis Burning Hunk

Loc:
    South Kingstown, Rhode Island
    Stick with Safari. The tap talk app isn't worth the money.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I bought Tapatalk for my Adroid phone and I still use my Browser on it and the iPad-2 I use at home.

I just prefer the look of the regular Forum.

I used Tapatalk for about week and loved it at 1st. But when I went back to using a Browser at home (Safari), I went right back to it on my mobile too....

My iPad still alerts me to the App every time I log on? Your phone has not alerted you yet?
  4. Gasifier

Loc:
    Really? Just keep using what I have? All this resizing is for the birds! Nothing else?
  5. Gasifier

Loc:
    Yes, phone alerted me. But could not do it at that time. Do you find it a pain on phone as much as I do?
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I have a Bionic (Droid) so I am not an iphone user.

But I dont have to resize any pics. Just point, shoot, and post.

I run my phone sideways (landscape) and have no need to zoom or move anything. Touch, click, and drag down to read.

I have seen reports of troubles posting pics from iPhones, but again, I don't have one. Only the iPad and I dont post pics from it. I will use my phone.

Sorry :(
  7. Gasifier

Loc:
    Ja. I think I need to learn how to use the I phone better. Just got it yesterday and busted it open in the afternoon. When I posted my first pic from the phone it came out 90 Deg. off. Once I get use to it I think it will get better. But the laptop, or desktop, will always be better for just about everything. I avoided getting a phone for the longest time. Didn't want the bill that goes with them. But wife wanted one so we got two 4s for dirt cheap and a plan. Pretty cool, daughter uses the same thing. Always good to be able to keep in contact easier with her. Not to mention a whole lot of other family and friends who use some kind of phone.
  8. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    tapatalk formats properly for very small screens. Some people like it.

In the spring, I am going to put in a "responsive" style for the forum - which will make it auto-resize for just about any size screen. I just don't want to do it sooner because I don't want to fix bugs, etc. in the busy season.
  9. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
  10. Gasifier

Loc:
    Ummmm. Bear with me Craig. I am new at this phone stuff. Is this a demo for just a hearth.com app thingy? Or do you use it for lots of things on the phone. Again. I am pretty clueless. First cell phone besides the old trusty track phone. o_O
  11. nate379

nate379 Guest

Using regular browser on I Phone on this forum is very frustrating. Times out, can't edit, can't open thumbnails, to post takes 5-6+ attempts at times. Tapatalk isn't a whole lot better.
    Not sure why, I am on 5-6 other forums and this is the only one that is like that.
  12. webbie

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    That link is just an example of a responsive style - it's nothing to do with hearth.com, just shows how we might make hearth.com fit to various sizes of screens.

Personally, I find almost ALL phone browsing tiresome...quick. The exception might be the larger android screens - my Nexus 7 is just fine with the regular browsing.