How do you deal with no ash pan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After 4 years of emptying the ash pan on a weekly basis, Im glad to here others don't bother. Been just scooping out the ash every couple days with the shovel and stove works just the same.

non ash pan user here, I'm from the bucket brigade crew,just shovel it out and its done. i knew before i purchased the hearthstone the ash pan probably wasn't for me. i used it once just to make sure i wasn't missing out on a convenience. we tend to burn 24/7 so when clean-out time hits its about a half bucket of ashes. i dig one side out, about 1/3rd of the amount then rake any live coals over in this area then finish the rest . i prefer to keep a nice layer on the bottom as its great to restart without kindling. as far as heat life goes, a few pieces of well seasoned wood should make just about any stove happy, keep warm pete

Status
Not open for further replies.