How do you teach a woman how to plow snow?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flatbedford said:
I started training Mrs. Flatbedford early.
DSC06114.jpg

She does OK, lust doesn't have the same enthusiasm for it that I do.

Cool Pic's and the fact that she got out there enough "enthusiasm" for me!

Flatbedford said:

Steve, what does lust have to do with plowing snow? Or is this meant for later?! :lol: Ya, enthusiastic lust! :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
Flatbedford said:

Steve, what does lust have to do with plowing snow? Or is this meant for later?! :lol: Ya, enthusiastic lust! :lol:

Think flatbeds on to somthing! pic's or it never happened!

Sounds like you've got it all under control and it's going to work out just fine. Years ago we bought a small single stage Honda snowblower that I taught Mrs. Jeeper to use. She spoiled me rotten getting the driveway done before I'd get home from keeping the town roads open! She got so much time on it that it is now known as "her" snowblower. We have since moved and have a longer driveway and the Jeep has a snowplow on it. I think, however, she doesn't miss being out in the cold to snowblow... She is still lingering in the "riding shotgun" stage of learning to plow with the Jeep, operating the handheld for the plowblade but not driving it yet. Patience and kind words go a long way! ;-) (but you already know that...)

Backwoods Savage said:
Flatbedford said:

I meant to say JUST doesn't have the same enthusiasm.

Dennis this is for mrs Savage

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    392.9 KB · Views: 245
Well, we got several inches of snow overnight so it was snowplowing day. However, wife got up a bit on the ornery side. I did all the plowing...

Backwoods Savage said:
Well, we got several inches of snow overnight so it was snowplowing day. However, wife got up a bit on the ornery side. I did all the plowing...

She probsbly read this thread when ya weren't looking'

;-)

Mend quickly, Dennis. My Mom had a hip done this year, she said it was a piece of cake, which for her is saying alot.

Backwoods Savage said:
wife got up a bit on the ornery side...
You need to learn to get up before her so she doesn't get up on the wrong side of the bed. Also, that way you can get the house nice and warm and she can wake up to the smell of fresh coffee.

Speaking of snow, we got dumped on and I will have to go out after lunch to take care of it. The wife only took care of the bird feeder and the path to the gazebo where she keeps the bird seed.

I also need to take the snow off the roofs.

Well, I was up a couple hours before her and the house was warm. I was about to get some breakfast around when she woke up. When breakfast was done, I just headed out the door. I did have to come back for some pain medicine and then later for a hot pack. Put the hot pack right on the hip and that got me through it.

Now we might be facing a foot of snow this coming week and that has me a bit concerned....

Hip replacement coming up? My son just 45 had his last year in Boston. Looking for other side soon. Best of luck Dennis.
Ed

How do you teach a woman how to plow snow?

A smart man would have a friend or neighbor do it.
Communications skills of old married folks to teach each other something new, seems to be/get very LOUD! & be very short lessons.

Status
Not open for further replies.