How does one pull the feeder weldment on an Accentra FS?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SciGuy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2007
Constableville, NY
Fixing up the newest Harman I've acquired has turned into a bigger job that I'd originally imagined. I need to get the feeder welment out and am at a loss as to the best way to proceed. Have any of you tackled this task on the Accentra FS. I'd love to pull all the cast panels in order to paint them more efficiently while I'm at it. update- I find 4 accessible nuts that would seem to anchor the cast top to the unit. I'm tempted to pull them and see where that takes me.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Hugh

Last edited:
Here's the schematic of the feeder motor. Maybe this will help...

Attachments

• Accentra_Owners_Man_Feeder Motor.pdf
    292.8 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: Washed-Up
Thanks Daksy,

It turns out the the stove is of the vintage that used a cast feeder instead of welded unit. So the fact that two of the studs that hold the burn pot turned out rather than the nuts spinning off is not nearly the catastrophe that I thought it was. The treads still seem to be fine in the feeder. I'm not sure if they use a thread locker on them at the factory but may use some high heat lock once I get some replacement studs and install them. The tips on the old studs were heavily corroded/cooked as to really bugger them. Now on to all the other bits and peices that were "reengineered" by the previous owner;)