How long will igniter last (temp vs manual mode) ????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tumbles

Oct 26, 2008
Southern Maine
How long can one expect to get out of an igniter? I used my stove on thermostat and it lasted only about 3 1/2 months. Is this normal? I guess it's burn more pellets or eat up an igniter. Luckily it's still under warranty, but I wanted to see how long it would last running off temperature mode. What have other people's experience been? I've been very happy with the heat from the stove but I expected the igniter to last a little longer than 3 1/2 months. I did run 24/7 so maybe that has something to do with it.

Come Fall I'll be going into season #5 with the original ignitor.
I run the stove continuous 24/7, piloting on low when it gets too hot in the house.

I ran my Quadra-fire for 8 years with the original igniter. I always run Auto/off Unless its below 10° or colder.

As far as I know its the original to the stove. I bought it as a used demo. I think it was 2 years old when I bought it. The stove still runs fine and I am keeping it for a backup for now.

jay

My '05 Astoria was a dealer demo unit, and had the original ignitor when I bought it last summer. I was concerned that the ignitor might fail, so I bought one from Rod before he closed shop, but haven't needed it yet, so it's got 4 heating seasons on it....so far, so good

Status
Not open for further replies.