How Many Bags Are Left??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here of this pellet brand? Found them on CL he is near me and wants $4 a bag, he has 60 bags. I will cut and paste his reply to me, I did do a google search and cannot find anything about them, here is his reply;
"independence is the name .we have used these for three years .we found them to be much hotter then hardwood pellets and very low ash we purchase them at your local lumber yard in madison ct. these are not the junk you find at depot and lowes.everyday price at yard this year was 5.00 a bag 250 a ton"

Thanks Guys, Have a great Easter. Time to do the family thing, then the wife and I are travelling to the Cape for the week (kidless and no computer:) ).

i actually quite like it. ;lol

Then you are all set as things tend to be chilly up that way for longer than down this way which is even longer than along the coast.

You are several snow bands away from me.

ETA: Before I completely forget it I see you added foam insulation in your cellar, did anyone mention having to sheath that stuff?

170 bags. Adding more soon.

268 : ) First year using pellets to heat the main living areas of my house. Should get me through what's left of this season and all of next season but there's always floorspace to be found for more.

that foam was there when we moved in.
all i've heard that needs to be done is to cut it off two feet up from the floor.
chances are really good that i will just leave it as is as far as sheathing goes.

i will be doing the basement sills this years though.

that foam was there when we moved in.
all i've heard that needs to be done is to cut it off two feet up from the floor.
chances are really good that i will just leave it as is as far as sheathing goes.

i will be doing the basement sills this years though.

I'd just sheath what is there after you get the sills done.

IIRC foam insulation must be covered. It is very easy to ignite and gives off some horribly bad for you fumes.

I'd just sheath what is there after you get the sills done.

IIRC foam insulation must be covered. It is very easy to ignite and gives off some horribly bad for you fumes.

I believe by code it needs to be covered by something like drywall. I can try to find the code reference if you'd like.

19 bags and a cold snap coming this week but I think I'm gonna' make it.

I believe by code it needs to be covered by something like drywall. I can try to find the code reference if you'd like.
guess who has two thumbs and is tearing down the foam the previous owners put in the back room of the basement.

*this guy!* :p

I have adding foam to the unfinished portion of my garage under on my project list, just have to do a bit of drywall work no big deal.

I also have many thumbs, but can handle that project. The missus is the mad mudder. The deal here is I do the rough work and she does the finish work.

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.