How Many of You Clean Your Own Chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see $1200. dollar sets and twelve cent swings every day. I wish more people wouild invest in a lesson once in awhile. Different world these days.

adrpga498 said:
I see $1200. dollar sets and twelve cent swings every day. I wish more people wouild invest in a lesson once in awhile. Different world these days.

Remind me to keep my wallet in the car if I play with this guy.. Its ok if you are selling them the clubs. Everbody is hitting Pro v's me I hit what I find. Like fire wood never bough a ball

there is not one golfer in either league that generated the club head speed for high compression Pro V's yet they all have them. In most cases if I switched their ball to lady's balls
distance wise there would be little difference. Then I play golf with the guy with XXX shaft 8.5 degrees driver. He has killed more worms that all the pesticides used on a golf course. finally to get it air bourn he uses his 3 metal.. After he hits one good and I'm playing against him I tell him how far it would have gone with his $500 driver Naturally he takes it out the next tee and hits a worm burner of to the right so predictable even the squirrilds on the ground in the right hand woods are scurring for cover. I can beat him using a five iron off the tee .if and when he does connect He can hit amazing distances that is if his slice does not end up in the woods. Safest place to be with this guy is center left unless he heels it. There is water and it attracts geese this guy hits a line shot smack into a goose the goose rolls over a couple times looses a few feathers. so I tell him that's the closest he will get to a dead give away Birdie The goose did recover and made it to the pond Reslly in this league the left side pond is the safest place to be to all except me when I get too quick and snap hook it My best drives are low line shots with a slight draw that run a country mile in these dry burnt out conditions. For those that do not really know me, I can be a real practical joker. I will cut a ball cover off and fill it with great stufff naturally a pro v and give it to my opponent. Man you hit that drive so hard you knocked the cover off. and the time I caught a small garder snake and placed it in the cup after putting out Should have e seen that guy jump when he picked up the snake almost pissed my pants laughing
here is one EVen mo Heat will chuckle all night over I playing one of the best golfers in my area friendly match He frives past me 40 yards every drive but I hanging in there making chips and putts He asked me on the first tee if I needed any strokes I said to make it even all I need is one kick well we are even going into the 8th hole over water I fly the green but he is in definite 2 put area possibly birdie territory me I chip on but l end up 8' short he roled by the hole a couple feet as I line up my put I walked beyond the hole I kicked his ball into the pond.

Only needed one kick to beat him never said it had to be my own ball . The look was priceless so fustrated he boggies the last hole to loose 2 down

I was thinking about a belly putter till I watched Sergio's last round. Nah I can miss just as easy with my vintage 1947 Bulls eye then again I could make a mistake and put it in.. How this I was

talking about breaking balls in the past post well these young guy calling me gramps last hole: I sky the drive trying to kill it. I'm thinking driver 7 or 8 iron 425 yard hole. a bit downhill on the approach Next shot out of heavy rough ate my club but still within chipping distance but little green to work with and very hard greens I have to hit it perfect. Again in the rough I go right under it and move the third shot just short of the green but still in the rough. Now the trash talk has excalated towards me one of the few holes they are going to beat me. The eight iron chip takes 3 bounces and rolls in the cup Par 4 the hard way. The look on their faces priceless. Then the worst trash talker 3 puts and looses. Yup go home and tell your wife you lost 7 to 2 to gramps who gave you 4 strokes

I want to be honest here: The course I play is not the masters. When younger and in college playing every day I played scratch on a real course. I got married and could not convince my wife that the membership was worth a washer dryer stove dish washer and refridge in the new home I was building.. For 15 years I never picked up a club. I mean my buddy Allen Doyle and I played pretty damn even before I hung them up. Then 15 years of kids in every imaginable organization dancing lessons little league, the clubs sat in a shed with mice nesting in the old bag. Finally one of my old high school friends convinces me to play in the league at Heather Hill in Plainvile. I mean not the toughest course nothing like I used to play only 6700 yards. I have been playing since for short streches I feel like I never missed a beat, then 3 holes later I become a common hacker. Time and waining pure athletism is against me. The road is down hill to dimishing skills and higher scores. Just like my wood gathering, better stock up now, because one never knows when father time catches up. I'm well past prime time so all these little victories I relish, because I know it won't last for long . Those 90 lb bundles of shingles are becoming a chore up a 28' ladder to the roof. My back and body are confirming that.

Yep, serious hijack. ok, time to get back on topic or -> ash can.

Elk, you clean your own pipes, right?

Mr. Doyle is a great player. Very strong senior career. I have a great future BEHIND me . LOL

adrpga498 said:
Mr. Doyle is a great player. Very strong senior career. I have a great future BEHIND me . LOL

you have seen his swing a swing you will never teach. Do you know how he developed it? It was developed in his cellar not hitting golf balls but slapshots

we would shoot at a net set up for Hours He is much talled than me and could not stand up or hit his head in his short ceiling cellar.
He could not even take a full back swing without hitting the floor joist So he developed the short quick back swing for slap shots.

To be honest he was a decent hockey player I think he went to division II Norwich Not good enough for division I hockey

Golf wise he was one of the best we had many decent matches in tournments When I went to college I did not keep in touch.
I trained year round for hockey and only played at my local golf club Till I got married. He went to the asian tour and finally found
the senior's tour. About 8 years back while he was playing at the Ma seniors event we Met each other during one of his rounds and had dinner that night with the wifes.

since then he sends me tickets every year for the event and we get together no we do not take any slapshots anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.