How much is my HearthStone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ljohnsonpt

Nov 28, 2023
Kinnelon, NJ
I have a HearthStone Homestead #8570F that was in the house we just moved into (first owner-2012). We would like to get rid of it to redo the fireplace. What is the suggested resale and how do I go about finding a buyer?

stove.png

This is a tough one to judge, the price will depend on the age and condition of the stove. If it's in great condition it might bring $1500 to the right buyer, otherwise $1000-1200. It was one of the few hearth heaters of it's the time.

What is the future plan for the ZC fireplace? It may have been modified and no longer safe to burn in.

Thank you for the info! It is a 2011, in good shape and we were told it heated the house well last season. We have discounnected it and pulled out the old manufactured fireplace to get a new insert, because you are correct-it would have been unsafe.

Go over it with a damp rag to clean off the ash dust and clean the glass to make it present well. Try offering it a $1400 and be willing to come down in price to a serious buyer. Note that this stove is 360# so the buyer needs to be prepared for safe moving.