How much of a difference is there between the pre and post LE versions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ShaneMac

Sep 28, 2021
Ontario
Looking to replace my Regency F3500 due to missing the the pretty fire and no longer being primary heat after installing new heat pump.
I like to keep things simple and the PE's look to be best for simplicity and maintenance. No bolts etc to seize or break. Just remove the pin and good to go.

That depends on the model and year. For the Summit, not a huge change unless you go back a decade.

2008 but its 2 hours a way and not sure if I want to deal with drive lol. Honestly the baffle looks pretty good. 900 usd. Local store has a floor model LE for 2200 usd.

Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 2.13.02 PM.png

OK, that is not the Summit. It looks like a Super 27 or a Spectrum. It's a third smaller than the Regency 3500.

The 2008 model was great stove and this one looks barely used. $900 is a fair price if the rest of the stove is in this condition. Parts are still easy to get, but this may not need any. The difference between this year and the LE is that the 2008 had a linked secondary air control and the LE now uses the EBT2 to regulate the secondary air.