How noisy are the new Harman Accentra? Freestanding model.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wi-dogfish

Jul 2, 2008
WI
Hi,

I've had a P68 going on 4 years now and it is a little noisy. In the brochere they talk about the "New Quieter opereration of the Accentra" . I'm interested in the free standing model. Does anyone have a new one that could tell me anything about it. If I where sitting 25' away would it disturb me?

Thanks for any insight,
Jason

How long has Harman been calling it "The new quieter Accentra". Some dealers are taking delivery from of stoves from Harman that were manufactured in "06" and "07". And not just Accentra's.

The quietness I believe comes from the distribution blower having the addition of a high low speed switch only the accentra freestanding has this and I think the XXV.

I sit 10' from my Accentra and if it's cranking, I'll have to turn up the tv a couple notches. It's fairly quiet when running on low.

I always keep the dist blower on the low range.

In the brochere they mention the heat exchanger passage has been redesigned to allow better airflow to cut down on noise and the high and low switch on the distribution blower. Some people have mentioned the insert is pretty noisey so I imagine they made the improvements to that stove also. I don't know what year theis was done.

Thanks guys

The only time I find ours loud is on the coldest days, when the switch is on high. It's not an annoying noise, just the fan motor working hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.