How often do you burn yourself?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use a long pair of gloves that reach up to my elbow - it's pretty tough to get burned when using those. My wife bought these years ago for her use when we just had a fireplace, and I never used them then, but they sure come in handy with the wood stove.

We have a small stove and, counterintuitively, I think you spend more time reaching into the firebox with a small stove since you really have to do a lot of wood re-arranging to get the maximum amount of wood loaded in the stove for a long burn. That makes the gloves pretty much a requirement for me.

Oh, and just recently, one of the times I didn't have the gloves on and re-loaded the stove, I burned the back of my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.