What brand is this wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Khull12404

Nov 29, 2023
New Mexico
Hi, we bought a house with this corner fireplace in it. Can't find a name on it. Google image search didn't bring it up. Its kinda terrible or we just don't know how to use this one. I think it's missing a baffle or never had one. Though like to add one if possible. The fire box seems big in my experience, chimney goes straight up the roof. No radiant heat no matter the roaring fire or hours of burning. Just feel like we are loosing over 50-60% heat. Often smoke pours out the doors when adding wood, so draft not good and doors maybe to big. We had the chimney inspected and cleaned. It just eats through the wood to produce heat. We are considering picking up a much better used stove, one we are more familiar with but I wonder if maybe some adjustments and it would be better at least. We have some experience with wood stoves but not experts at all. Had a nice little ?potbelly? once, that thing man, it was a good fireplace. Maybe replace or create baffle, add some firebrick to box, add plate at the top of the doors. I have tried just opening one side, sort of helps but not much.
Thanks for help.

20231129_145755.jpg 20231129_145938.jpg

Can't help you at all. I have never seen a corner stove/fireplace. Real interesting. Love to see a pic from farther back as to how the stove pipe is run. Is the black shield just hiding the stove pipe?

Can't help you at all. I have never seen a corner stove/fireplace. Real interesting. Love to see a pic from farther back as to how the stove pipe is run. Is the black shield just hiding the stove pipe.
Yes the actual stove pipe is behind the black shield. It's goes straight up, the opening in the fireplace is in the rear but at the top/roof of the unit. Then fully straight up to the ceiling then thru the roof, no crazy cover in the roof. Just straight stove pipe and cap.

20231129_165651.jpg

At first I thought it might be a Preway, but I'm not sure who made it. Look around for a tag. What does it say at the upper right corner of the right door?

At first I thought it might be a Preway, but I'm not sure who made it. Look around for a tag. What does it say at the upper right corner of the right door?
Believe that is decorative.
Betting it's the remaining original glass.
Maybe..

Believe that is decorative.
Betting it's the remaining original glass.
Maybe..
It looks like there is a little labeling in white above the decorative scroll work on the glass but it might be a reflection.

I have looked all around but short of pulling it out from the wall, no label is visible. My mom and dad think it might be an Sunburst. That's what they had when I was growing up and this house is just few away, same neighborhood. However it doesn't work at all like there old one. My Internet searches aren't bring up much for old sunburst corner fireplaces.

Update:
Scratching our heads. We decided to check the chimney really well. The the cap was caked in creosote, the fluffy sooty type. The chimney had been inspected and cleaned as part of buying the house. We had another look ourselves before our first fire. The smoke issue has disappeared after cleaning the cap and airflow returned. Just trying to figure out why in 6wks we are getting this kind of build up.