How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
yes should be

Okay, those are both jumped. Now the exhaust fan comes on before I even push the ON button. Just plug it in. I can't turn the exhaust fan off. It stays running even with the green on/off button dark. Pushing heat level buttons changes nothing. They all light up, but exhaust fan sounds the same.

ok the low limit jumped is telling the board it is warm and needs fans. is the convection fan coming on at all? put the wires back on the snap disc

Oh, the room fan. I don't think so. If it is it's awfully quiet, and I cant see it. Shouldn't there be significant amount of air blowing through the heat exchangers if that fan is on?

yes. it should be blowing out the front

ok unplug the stov,e only jumper to leave on is the vac. everthing else should be as it was. plug back in and tell me if the control acts normal or if anything is on all the time.

Ok, low fire switch back the way it was and vac still jumped. Plugged back in and nothing came on. I had to push the on/off button to start it up. On button and exhaust fan starts up again and on/off button blinking (start up program, right?).

yep that's start up. ok somewhere in there we have to find a PINK wire that comes from the control board harness, that goes to the room blower. that i assume is in the pedestal. i went through all your pic's again and i don't see it in the back of the stove.

yep that's start up. ok somewhere in there we have to find a PINK wire that comes from the control board harness, that goes to the room blower. that i assume is in the pedestal. i went through all your pic's again and i don't see it in the back of the stove.
There's what looks like it used to be pink, but has been spliced to grey. It's pink coming from the control board harness and the other grey that looks like goes to the back of the red and black thermostat switches on that side and both grey wires go down through a hole I'm assuming to the convection fan.

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20201221_200542221.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 103
    IMG_20201221_200537617.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 111
Nope, I mistaken on that second grey wire. It doesn't go to the back of the thermostat. I don't know what that is.

Attachments

IMG_20201221_202333980.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 107
that is a common terminal block. all the motors have 2 wires 1 of ea goes to the teminal block for a common/neutral connection to the ac input/outlet plug. the control board turns on connections as needed to run.

if you take a n old lamp cord and connect 1 wire to the common terminal block and the other to the wire that I marked in the pic we might find the room blower and if it works.

wiring3.jpg

one other thing we need to take the exhaust blower out to see how the blade's look. previous owner changed it and it might be the wrong fan blades.

Grey wires. One side of convection fan, and the other side.
I'll have to hunt for an old lamp wire. How much length do I need? A couple inches?
Ugh..electrical wiring.
How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

Attachments

IMG_20201221_211740166.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 114
    IMG_20201221_211724248.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 114
    IMG_20201221_211831061.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 116
No problem. I kinda dozed off last night :) You can use an old extension cord, anything you can hook to them wires and plug into the wall outlet.

That's what I did the first 3 times, but I did it again. Nothing but barely visible dusting. If I blow this damn stove anymore I'm going to find it in my room smoking a cigarette.
:eek::eek::)
That was a good one! We all feel your frustration. Everybody is here to help. I have seen 1 stove in the past that burnt corn its whole life that I was having a rough time getting draft up to par using my typical bag of tricks. I finally pulled the Comb. blower motor and several of the paddles had rusted off the fan blade.

Way back when I had the long gone 25PDV, I pulled the combustion fan and ALL the blades had rusted off. All I had was the fanwheel with nubs left. :) Least I knew why the draft was getting poor even though I kept it clean.

:eek::eek::)
That was a good one! We all feel your frustration. Everybody is here to help. I have seen 1 stove in the past that burnt corn its whole life that I was having a rough time getting draft up to par using my typical bag of tricks. I finally pulled the Comb. blower motor and several of the paddles had rusted off the fan blade.
That happens with corn. The nitric acid vapor in the combusting corn is very corrosive and eats up the blades... Why, end of the heating season I switch to 100% pellets for a couple weeks, to get the residual, condensed nitric acid out of the stove and venting. Corn is great and for me almost free but it has a big drawback (besides a lot of ash) and that is the nitric acid produced when it burns.

I empty the ash pan twice weekly on my 6039 and it's usually full in 3 days. Driveway assumes a nice black stripe down in as winter progresses.

Reactions: rickwai
nope

nope one wire goes to that common terminal block mounted on the back of the stove the other to the one i pointed to in the pic

How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burnerHow to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

That happens with corn. The nitric acid vapor in the combusting corn is very corrosive and eats up the blades... Why, end of the heating season I switch to 100% pellets for a couple weeks, to get the residual, condensed nitric acid out of the stove and venting. Corn is great and for me almost free but it has a big drawback (besides a lot of ash) and that is the nitric acid produced when it burns.

I empty the ash pan twice weekly on my 6039 and it's usually full in 3 days. Driveway assumes a nice black stripe down in as winter progresses.
This is my end section of PelletVent Pro from 09. I sent this picture this fall in a email to Simpson and they sent me a new piece and a term cap! I didn't even ask for the cap

Attachments

A4C679C2-D9D8-4880-A9F9-EDDFA254D3CD.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 121