How to keep a stove clean with the least amount of effort...my secret weapon.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup...just bought some more for my stash. $265.00 a ton, Pellets R Us, Berkley, MA

IMG_20101112_092352.jpg

Nice Purchase :)

Scoot I agree with you. I can go much longer between cleanings when burning Okies, not to mention the heat these things produce.

So your saying that in my stove that has gone almost 40 bags w/o opening the door burning mostly Rockies, I could go much farther with Okies?

Hmmmmm :smirk:

imacman said:
So your saying that in my stove that has gone almost 40 bags w/o opening the door burning mostly Rockies, I could go much farther with Okies?

Nope, just saying that is I do. I'm curious about you Englander though.....keep us posted. My Greenfire will be going on soon full time, we'll see what happens.

imacman said:

Well pete, I'd say yes and almost 2 to 1. But not just Okies. Cubex, Vermont, Dragon Mnt, and Spruce Pointes would extend it too. But if you really want to set a bench mark Import some Douglas fir from krooser. Bear Mountains to be exact. I say you'd get the longest burn with them. Nothing available in New England has anything on the West Coast fir pellets! You could burn about 2 and 1/2 bags of Bear Mountains to 1 bag of Rockies! I $h!+ you not!

j-takeman said:
imacman said:

Well pete, I'd say yes and almost 2 to 1. But not just Okies. Cubex, Vermont, Dragon Mnt, and Spruce Pointes would extend it too. But if you really want to set a bench mark Import some Douglas fir from krooser. Bear Mountains to be exact. I say you'd get the longest burn with them. Nothing available in New England has anything on the West Coast fir pellets! You could burn about 2 and 1/2 bags of Bear Mountains to 1 bag of Rockies! I $h!+ you not!

What you mean imacman didn't dig a hole under his Englander cut a hole in the bottom and extend his ash pan using welded plate? He should be able to go for years if he did that ;-).

SmokeyTheBear said:
j-takeman said:
imacman said:

What you mean imacman didn't dig a hole under his Englander cut a hole in the bottom and extend his ash pan using welded plate? He should be able to go for years if he did that ;-).

Don't get Pook started!

Status
Not open for further replies.