How to reduce heat output(KW) on a Piazzetta

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GusCy

Dec 20, 2016
no loc
Hi,

I would like to reduce heat output on my Piazzetta stove, reducing thus pellet combustion. Any idea how to do it, and any recommended settings?

Hi Gus, at the top of the main page of the pellet mill, there is a "sticky" about the Piazzetta stoves. I know there are options to program it to turn off/on at various times or at various temperatures. I would suggest you record your original settings so that you can at least get back to those if errors are made in the set-up. Let us know how you make out...

Hi Gus, at the top of the main page of the pellet mill, there is a "sticky" about the Piazzetta stoves. I know there are options to program it to turn off/on at various times or at various temperatures. I would suggest you record your original settings so that you can at least get back to those if errors are made in the set-up. Let us know how you make out...
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I have allready checked sticky but I didnt find out what I want.
I would like to access settings and reduce heat output(KW) by changing auger settings plus extractor and room fan settings if needed.

Any idea or any other way?

I checked out entry #5 once again. My stove is none of them listed. What about codes to access settings and make the nesessary adjustments?

I think you need a boot loader to significantly alter the settings ... dealer should have that.

Edit: Pascal usually checks in but you will have to be patient. He is a dealer and has been to the factory so may have a bit more info for you. Would be best if you identify model of stove in the thread title or in your signature line.

Last edited:
What Piazzetta stove model is this for?

Not sure how much info Pascal would have on that model as it is not approved for North America. The multifuco models didn't come out until after I had bought my stove (a competitor). Would love to see some of the pellet stove/boiler options on the market here.

sorry for not being more often on the forum, yes I do have this sheet i'll send it to you in a private message i'll have to check with the forum moderator to cause some have change and I would not like to leave the oldest version on the thread

By the way a good way of doing so is to transfer the power levels range;

Let's says that the default settings of your stove are the followings, and we will use these as an example;

line 06p - stands for P1 pellet feed rate = 3,3 seconds
line 07p - stands for P2 pellet feed rate = 4,4 seconds
line 08p - stands for P3 pellet feed rate = 5,5 seconds (will say that you are running at P3 like I recommande and you are getting to much heat )
line 09p - stands for P4 pellet feed rate = 6,6 seconds
line 10p - stands for P5 pellet feed rate = 7,7 seconds

The following is my recommandation for the older version, prior to February 2014 (*1)

line 06p - stands for P1 pellet feed rate = ?,? seconds (drop this one the lowest as you can ) lookout not to get to low or the flame will go out ! (*2)
line 07p - stands for P2 pellet feed rate = A,A seconds ( This one we never use ) average between P1 and P3, just to have a value in this boxe.
line 08p - stands for P3 pellet feed rate = 3,3 seconds ( This power level that was to hot, will now act like you where originalyat P1 ) (*2)
line 09p - stands for P4 pellet feed rate = 4,4 seconds ( This power level that you where not using, will now act like you where originalyat P2 )
line 10p - stands for P5 pellet feed rate = 5,5 seconds ( This power level that you where not using, will now act like you where originalyat P3 )

(*1) The stove that where made prior February 2014 had no Cleaning Brasero on P1 and P2 power levels.
This is why, I always recommande not to use P1 and P2 power levels or you will have to clean you grate every 24 hr.

(*2)
Make sure that there will be at least 1,5 to 2,0 difference between P1 and P3.
Because if you run your stove at P3 without energy saving, once the temperature will be reached the stove will automatically drop to P1
but since the level of pellet feed is so low at P1 it wont be able to maintain the temperature and will return faster to P3 level so the cleaning brasero will occur. If the P1 pellet feed was to be to high, this would cause the stove to be capable to maintain the temperature, and the stove to stay at P1 for ever. The cleaning brasero would not do it's job and even more, the temperature would continue to raise so you get more heat ( this also occur in small spaces or small room installation )

ouf..... hope you are all following, let me know if my English is not good or if the explanations are not clear enough.

The following is the way I have set my stove, by the way it's a P962 witch is an older version of the P963

line 06p - stands for P1 pellet feed rate = 1,5 seconds ( not all version of firmware will allow you to go that low, go as low as you can. )
line 07p - stands for P2 pellet feed rate = 2,7 seconds
line 08p - stands for P3 pellet feed rate = 3,7 seconds
line 09p - stands for P4 pellet feed rate = 4,7 seconds
line 10p - stands for P5 pellet feed rate = 5,4 seconds

My stove run like.... just wow ! here are some picture after burning 200 pound of pellets. You can see there is no soot on the glass, no ash in the grate and I have a tremendous amount of ash in the ash pan.

IMG_1933.JPG IMG_2257.JPG IMG_2258.JPG

I'm working at a personal project to be capable to help more and more People with their Piazzetta, hopping it's going to work well

Mean will I'd like to thank all the personnel responsable of hearth.com Forum,
to make it so easy for people like me to share files, share info and get easily in contact with other users
witch is really not the case in all forums.

Thank you, and my very best regards

Pascal Maertens

Last edited:
By the way a good way of doing so is to transfer the power levels range;

Let's says that the default settings of your stove are the followings, and we will use these as an example;

line 06p - stands for P1 pellet feed rate = 3,3 seconds
line 07p - stands for P2 pellet feed rate = 4,4 seconds
line 08p - stands for P3 pellet feed rate = 5,5 seconds (will say that you are running at P3 like I recommande and you are getting to much heat )
line 09p - stands for P4 pellet feed rate = 6,6 seconds
line 10p - stands for P5 pellet feed rate = 7,7 seconds

The following is my recommandation for the older version, prior to February 2014 (*1)

line 06p - stands for P1 pellet feed rate = ?,? seconds (drop this one the lowest as you can ) lookout not to get to low or the flame will go out ! (*2)
line 07p - stands for P2 pellet feed rate = A,A seconds ( This one we never use ) average between P1 and P3, just to have a value in this boxe.
line 08p - stands for P3 pellet feed rate = 3,3 seconds ( This power level that was to hot, will now act like you where originalyat P1 ) (*2)
line 09p - stands for P4 pellet feed rate = 4,4 seconds ( This power level that you where not using, will now act like you where originalyat P2 )
line 10p - stands for P5 pellet feed rate = 5,5 seconds ( This power level that you where not using, will now act like you where originalyat P3 )

(*1) The stove that where made prior February 2014 had no Cleaning Brasero on P1 and P2 power levels.
This is why, I always recommande not to use P1 and P2 power levels or you will have to clean you grate every 24 hr.

(*2)
Make sure that there will be at least 1,5 to 2,0 difference between P1 and P3.
Because if you run your stove at P3 without energy saving, once the temperature will be reached the stove will automatically drop to P1
but since the level of pellet feed is so low at P1 it wont be able to maintain the temperature and will return faster to P3 level so the cleaning brasero will occur. If the P1 pellet feed was to be to high, this would cause the stove to be capable to maintain the temperature, and the stove to stay at P1 for ever. The cleaning brasero would not do it's job and even more, the temperature would continue to raise so you get more heat ( this also occur in small spaces or small room installation )

ouf..... hope you are all following, let me know if my English is not good or if the explanations are not clear enough.

The following is the way I have set my stove, by the way it's a P962 witch is an older version of the P963

line 06p - stands for P1 pellet feed rate = 1,5 seconds ( not all version of firmware will allow you to go that low, go as low as you can. )
line 07p - stands for P2 pellet feed rate = 2,7 seconds
line 08p - stands for P3 pellet feed rate = 3,7 seconds
line 09p - stands for P4 pellet feed rate = 4,7 seconds
line 10p - stands for P5 pellet feed rate = 5,4 seconds

My stove run like.... just wow ! here are some picture after burning 200 pound of pellets. You can see there is no soot on the glass, no ash in the grate and I have a tremendous amount of ash in the ash pan.

View attachment 196076 View attachment 196077 View attachment 196078

I'm working at a personal project to be capable to help more and more People with their Piazzetta, hopping it's going to work well

Mean will I'd like to thank all the personnel responsable of hearth.com Forum,
to make it so easy for people like me to share files, share info and get easily in contact with other users
witch is really not the case in all forums.

Thank you, and my very best regards

Pascal Maertens

I too am having the same problem with my Monia. It is burning to hot and I can not slow the pellet feed down because I am up against the factory default settings. I stopped in at the dealer where I purchased the stove. He had no clue what a boot loader was and that explains why he did not offer to come to my house and set the stove to the correct settings. ( I'm still waiting for the dealer to contact me about the boot loader ) I new more about this stove then the dealer. I am glad I found this forum and a very big thank you to Mr. Pascal Maertens for his post on how to set up this stove. I love this stove. It is easy to clean and I like being able to set the stove to start and stop via a timer. Thank you again Mr Maertens for your help.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Life is good on me, not that I'm rich but happy. so this is my way to give back in some manner. Do yourself a favor, once your stove will be set properly, help someone in you domain. Meanwhile if your local dealer needs help, helping you, give him my e-mail it will be my pleasure to help him out with the boot loader and settings. by the way yes Piazzetta are ( to me ) the best Pellets stove I know. They are friendly user once you know how and why.

Regards

Reactions: rich2500
Thank you Mr Maertens for your reply. When I am contacted by the dealer I will let him know that you are willing to help out if he has a problem. I don't think I am going to here from the dealer. It's been five days since I had a face to face talk with him and he has not contacted me. There has to be a master distributor here in the United States that have certified technician's that can provide training for the local dealer network. I'd be willing to go and get trained on how to service these stoves. I will keep you posted.

Thank you again for your help.

I'd be willing to go and get trained on how to service these stoves.
Planning on a career change or just self preservation?;)

Piazzettas are imported by Pacific Energy out of British Columbia. I would suspect that your dealer is more familiar with the wood stove side of the business. It would probably be in his best interest to educate at least one technician on these stoves... not all dealers are created equal though.:(

No career change been working for the same company for almost forty years ( construction equipment service ) If it is mechanical I like to know how it works so I can repair it when it breaks down or do preventive maintenance.

It upsets me when I purchase a product I expect the dealer to know the products they sell and also know how to repair it. You are correct not all dealers are created equal.

I like a good challenge trying to trouble shoot a problem and I will find the answers to this challenge with or without the dealers help.

Well for you guys out there that want to make change and are stuck with the default setting. There is a tool called boot loader you absolutely need this and the correct firmware. I am not authorized to send or share any of these files. you have to ask your local dealer to come and change your Firmware. once you will have the correct firmware you will be capable to reduce the pellet feeding rate lower then the default settings. If your dealer does not know what you are talking about give him my email. [email protected]
IMG_0374.JPG

Two weeks have gone by and the dealer has still not contacted me about having the boot loader. If there is a firmware update to my stove's computer board how can I get it installed if the dealer does not have the tools. If I purchase a product I expect the dealer to have the tools to service the product when I have a problem.
I will keep posting updates on my problem.
Again thank Mr. Maertens.

Contact the dealer again as it has to be slowing down business wise since the burning season is winding down. Might be best to visit in person ... As always, not all dealers are created equal:(