How to remove the combustion package Vermont Casing Resolute Acclaim 1990s (or so)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudspeth

Feb 20, 2011
California Foothills
Hi All,

I think I just got took! Never bought a Vermont Casting before. My combustion chamber has crumbled and died. I got a new one, how do you put it in the box? What has to be taken apart to get the new one in? The cast plate that set just in front of the box is warped, probably a 1/4 inch out to the back of the box. Will my new combustion chamber still fit with the warp problem. Is there any way to fix the wrap? HEEELP Please.

California Bob

I just took another look at the pictures of the #0041 and realized it does not have a lower fire back installed. I don't know if it is just missing or if was not designed to have one. There are slots built into to the sides of the inside of the stove for something to slide into, but I was thinking they were for the missing firebrick.

Before you go any deeper, look closely at the inside sides of the stove; the L and R sides of the firebox. There will be in the center of each the head of a bolt. Using a light of some kind, look for cracks radiating out from around the bolt. It's easy. But if you see any, then stop and reassess. The stove isn't really worth fixing. Sorry.

So the upper fireback/damper assy. is simply held in by 2 bolts. With the damper closed, locate the adjusting screw in the middle of the damper. Using this as a reference point, draw an imaginary line horizontally across to the corners of the firebox. This is where the bolts are, right at the very edge of the upper firback, left and right. Remove the bolts, and the rest is clear. Yopu'll need to replace the lower fireback and arches, and also the pair of wedges that hold them in place.

LOwere fireback 130-1826
Arch insert kit 000-5862
Wedge 130-1810

Happy Heating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before you go any deeper, look closely at the inside sides of the stove; the L and R sides of the firebox. There will be in the center of each the head of a bolt. Using a light of some kind, look for cracks radiating out from around the bolt. It's easy. But if you see any, then stop and reassess. The stove isn't really worth fixing. Sorry.
Hope you can help with my question. I have a VC Resolute Acclaim and the left and right panels do have cracks. Other parts of the stove are badly warped or broken. I was planning on buying the parts and doing a rebuild, but now I am having second thoughts. Can you tell me why the cracks on the inside left and right panels suggest the stove isn't worth fixing. Thanks in advance, Regards, 35Geneva

Status
Not open for further replies.