1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

How to remove xxv combustion fan?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Justaddwater, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justaddwater

Justaddwater New Member

Loc:
    central Ohio
    It is warm here in central Ohio so I shut the stove down to give it a good cleaning. I have yet to clean the combustion fan this season (first season with stove). I tried to remove it after loosening the wing nuts (per owners manual) and it was not moving, almost like it was "welded" in place. I did not want to twist or pull to hard in fear of damaging "something"

Is there a seal or gasket that can tear or break when removing the fan/motor? Nothing in owners manual about such.

Any xxv owners with experience removing this fan for cleaning? How /what did you have to do to sperate the motor from the stove so it can be cleaned?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MSmith66

MSmith66 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central NY
    Once you have remove the wing nuts , you will have to twist the combustion blower mount counter clockwise to UNLOCK and pull the blower motor out.
  3. cantman

cantman Member

Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    This fan uses a steel lip which acts as a sealing flange and in turn is a tight fit. It will come out.
    You may have to rock it slightly back and forth to remove while turning it CCW. Additionally, have
    you also loosened the third bolt @ the bottom right of the fan? Mine is connected to a long shaft
    for easier access.
  4. Justaddwater

Justaddwater New Member

Loc:
    central Ohio
    Thanks!

I worked on it tonight. Took some prying to break the seal but it broke loose.

I was surprised how clean it was after 3/4 of a ton of pellets.

Next time I know to wait longer.

Thanks again!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.