1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

How to replace an ignitor on a Harmon Accentra-2

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by dillydo, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dillydo

dillydo Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    I need to replace the ignitor on my Harmon Accentra & have no idea how to. I need instructions & would like, if possible pictures.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Unplug the machine. This is fairly simple. On the front of the burn pot, remove the access panel and then remove the two 5/16 bolts which hold the igniter in place.

Ope the left side door and remove. Remove the left side rear access panel. It should slide out.

On the back to the unit you are looking for a yellow wire and a gray wire which are going through the weldment body. There will be a black rubber stopper siliconed on place.

Pull the stopper out.

The gray wire in the igniter leads will be zip tied together with some other wire, Cut this zio tie to give you more length

Go to the front of the unit and pull the igniter outuntil you see the lead terminals. Unplug the lead terminals

On the igniter chassis you will see a flat plate held in with two twisted metal tabs.

Twist these tabs straight, remove the plate, pull out the igniter, replace.

Do everything again in reverse.

DO NOT FORGET TO ZIP TIE THE LEADS AGAIN AND RE_SILICONE THE STOPPER
  3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

also, put the igniter chassis cover on in the same orientation as it was before.....there is a right way and a wrong way.....if done upside-down, you may not get enough airflow around the igniter to ignite the pellets. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.