How To Set Damper on St. Croix Auburn Burning Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoosanMan

Nov 29, 2014
NE Kansas
I have completely cleaned out my Auburn stove that had not been burning right for a couple of years. It was dirty! The burn pot was really bad shape so I am waiting for that now. This is an older model and the manual is showing how to set the damper for corn. I am burning pellets now. Does anyone have any experience in setting the damper for pellets on an Auburn stove and could help me out here. I have a feeling I don't have it set right. Once the burn pot gets here I want to get this stove running. We are missing it.

thanks

Page 6 of the operations manual though talking of corn, is just as applicable to pellets. Pellets will burn a bit faster than corn and the feed rate may need to be increased as their density is less than corn. Now I have no experience with the stove yet. Give me a week or so. Why not using cheap corn?

Most people say to set the damper at a pencil width

Status
Not open for further replies.