How to take baffle out of RSF Opel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbajac

Mar 15, 2008
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Anyone no if you can take the baffle out of an RSF Opel II (for cleaning stack) without taking all of the other sidewall and bottom firebrick out first? For that matter, how do you finaggle the secondary tube out without first taking out the sidewall firebrick?

Thanks.

To remove the baffle, first remove the secondary air tube. Simply unscrew the secondary air tube on the left side,
slide the tube toward the right until the left end drops out of its hole. Slide the tube back towards the left to get the
right end out of its hole. To remove the baffle, push up and slide it off the brackets. Replace both the baffle and
the secondary air tube as you removed them and be sure to have the holes on the secondary air tube facing
toward the front.

source: Page of http://www.icc-rsf.com/c/icc/file_db/maindocs_e/RSF-IIP2_2010-04.pdf

Unfortunately, you need to remove the tube and the bricks to remove the baffle. I tried taking it out without removing the bricks, but it would not come out.

MarcL said:
To remove the baffle, first remove the secondary air tube. Simply unscrew the secondary air tube on the left side,
slide the tube toward the right until the left end drops out of its hole. Slide the tube back towards the left to get the
right end out of its hole. To remove the baffle, push up and slide it off the brackets. Replace both the baffle and
the secondary air tube as you removed them and be sure to have the holes on the secondary air tube facing
toward the front.

source: Page of http://www.icc-rsf.com/c/icc/file_db/maindocs_e/RSF-IIP2_2010-04.pdf

Unfortunately, you need to remove the tube and the bricks to remove the baffle. I tried taking it out without removing the bricks, but it would not come out.

I was able to remove the tube by sliding it to right and pulling forward through the open door - worked for me. I was also able to get the baffle out by lifting it up on one end at as high an angle as possible and sliding it out - not easy, but was able to do it this way without remvoing the other bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.