how to tell if i have a d or l chain on my stihl 028 wb?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuco1963

Dec 24, 2010
east central indiana
hi all

i bought a sthil 028 wb chainsaw with a 16 inch bar on it for $100 it starts and runs great im just wondering how to tell which chain i have the l67 or the d60 any advice on this saw appreciated i think it was made in the early 80s because no chain break and would parts like the coil and such from the ms280 work on it someday ?

tuco1963 in the great ohio valley said:
hi all

i bought a sthil 028 wb chainsaw with a 16 inch bar on it for $100 it starts and runs great im just wondering how to tell which chain i have the l67 or the d60 any advice on this saw appreciated i think it was made in the early 80s because no chain break and would parts like the coil and such from the ms280 work on it someday ?

MS280 is a completely different saw from the 028. Especially an early one like yours. Many parts are still available for the 028's right from Stihl and there is a thriving used parts market on eBay.

hi
thanks for your reply the local stihl dealer was telling me that parts for the 028wb are becomeing no longer available and expensive if they had thm or could get them.
from what ive heard about the 028wb is that they were a really good saw and to be honest it felt tons better than my 610 mac

I answered your other thread...

Buy a parts saw. 028WB used to be the Mac Daddy of firewood saws.

hi all i answered my own question
if you have the stihl bar on it it will tell you what type of chain it will be back toward the saw motor

Status
Not open for further replies.