how to tell your control box is junk on a quad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
How do we know when our control box is no good after we checked that ever snap disk or fuse and A complete cleaning was done.(yes there is no ash anywhere)

I've ruled out all that I can and I think it is the control box. Is there a way we could check it I know that I'm still on warranty but I'd rather not have a service call and pay the money for them coming out.

Could I just take the box out and say here I need a new one, I'd doubt that my awful dealer would let me do that.

Is there a classified board around here for parts? I am looking for a broken Quadrafire CB 1200 control box. It is the 3 speed one with part number srv7000-205. I would like to find 1 or 2 to fix and keep as spares. I am located in the northeast USA.

That would work, but a new box is $400 so I don't think I would get that test box. But I'm sure the tech who will come does!

Looks like I will have to fork out the cash then.......

The dealer told me the only way to test was using the test box. Would you be interested in selling the broken control box? My is having problems and I would like to try and fix one as a spare. I am located in New England USA.

Some dealers can check them if you bring them to the shop I believe, least mine did. That, or like what was said above, have them swap a floor model box to take home and test, saves them the trip so they should go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.