How to Video?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She may or may not heat with wood. It's hard to be expert on every stove out there, but she gives some good basic pointers, which I think is the point of the video. Once you get past the basics, every stove is different and every instal is different, so it would not be helpful for her to get into the details of running that particular stove, as they don't apply to say, the Hearthstone at the end of the row..
and many people, no matter how well versed, don't do well on camera.

on a side note, if you EVER get the chance to stop at Lehmans in Ohio, it's worth a 3-4 hour drive out of your way, in my opinion. The store is truly amazing, huge, nothing but old time self rsliance stuff, and the people we delt with were fantastic and knowledgable.

I'm thinking that was an internal training video. It was a little rough, but she covered the bases that the employees would need to know if they hadn't burned wood before.

I love that fan!!

-SF

I have spoken to Melissa before. I bought my Hearthstone from Lehman's. She was able to answer the technical questions. I could tell she has a lot of experience with helping customers troubleshoot various problems and getting stove parts. They do have burning models in their showroom, but I don't know if she has a stove at home.

Just thought I'd clear the air.I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did.Just happened by the video and thought it looked a bit hokey.Dakotas Dad made a good point though that some people don't do well on camera and I do agree that she did cover the basics.Like I say I meant no harm just wondered what others thoughts were.

It was an okay video. I am surprised she put in there to have the stove only up to 500 lest it warp. That doesn't seem very hot to me.

On the other hand, I do hope to get down there some day to see their store. Their prices are a bit high but they have some good stuff too.

I'm thinking I'll make that store a motorcycle trip destination this summer. Looks like a place my dad would enjoy checking out as well.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.