Hudson River Niagara Convection Blower Bearing Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Envirominer3

Dec 17, 2013
Massachusetts
Does anyone have a source for a convection blower for a Hudson River Niagara pellet stove. The stove works well but I have had to acquire a new convection blower every year. The bearing is bronze mounted in a rubber grommet and isn't easy to lube. I would like to just buy the bearing if possible to save a few $$. The OEM fan has a 3 week lead time because the stove isn't manufactured any longer.

Tried a search on the forum but no luck. Sounds like there has to be a better answer ...

It took me over 6 months to find someone who carries parts for my hudson river niagra. But finally I found it. Call Castle stoves in wisconson 1-800-345-6007 ext 128. The guys name is pete he's the technician. They had a stove model hsp-09. I talked with pete at length. He sent me pictures of the parts for that stove with dimensions. And it was the exact same blower. I also ordered an exhaust blower. both fit exactly as the original ones. stove is up and running again. Very quiet. Also got an ignitor. prices are very reasonable. convection blower $82.59 exhaust blower was $40.00 Because they were once fired in a stove on the assembly line then cleaned up and sold as new. Convection Blower part # is 720296 exhaust blower # is 10490 Pete has cross referenced their stove to yours. This guy and company have been so helpfull tell everyone you know that has a hudson river niagra. Pete said he can get these parts any time. It only took 3 days to get my parts stove was back up in an hour after getting the parts. tell Pete you won't need the gasket kit for the exhaust blower if you order one. I got the kit and didn't need it. Pete also said he carries the bearing for the end of the blower if that's all you need. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: rich2500
Status
Not open for further replies.