Huge thank you to all at Hearth.com Just bought a stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yarmouthheat

Jun 24, 2022
Nova Scotia
I just wanted to give a huge thank you to this site and all who post.
I have been a lurker đź‘€ for awhile and the knowledge and help has been immeasurable.

It’s a really difficult thing to come to a final decision on what stove to buy for a newbie and this site is straight up amazing.

I probably went too big for our needs though it is what it is and I’m happy to go pick up a new pacific energy summit classic in red on Monday. Probably be more than a month before installed as fella I found is super busy. Alls good as it’s summer so will get to work on acquiring lots of wood.

Thank you to all and know that there are many lurkers who have benefited from this sites community. Such a wealth of information and help.

🙏

Reactions: EbS-P
Congratulations. The Summit is a great stove and quite flexible in burn rate. Treat it well (don't burn driftwood) and it will provide a lifetime of warmth. Pictures are welcome, especially those with a fire going.

Reactions: Yarmouthheat
Congratulations on a really nice stove. If you have been around you will have seen many posts concerning dry wood. Get your wood NOW, get is split and in full sun and as much wind as you can allow. Segregate it by species so you avoid mixing in wet stock with the semi dry. Get a moisture meter to measure your water levels later this year when you get close to burning season.

Good luck and make sure your install has an insulated liner and block off plate.

Congratulations on a really nice stove. If you have been around you will have seen many posts concerning dry wood. Get your wood NOW, get is split and in full sun and as much wind as you can allow. Segregate it by species so you avoid mixing in wet stock with the semi dry. Get a moisture meter to measure your water levels later this year when you get close to burning season.

Good luck and make sure your install has an insulated liner and block off plate.
Big thanks for info.
For a newbie, information is so critical and I and many, many others appreciate it. 🙏

Just an update, here is the installed stove with dry wood on the way.
Will do 3 starter burns to break in.
Very excited, thanks again for such good help and a great site.
CCC059A6-71E6-472B-AC0C-09E5F475635B.jpeg

Reactions: ridemgis
Great looking setup. Where are ole @Roospike and @Willhound now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yarmouthheat
Looking good!

One piece of advice: spend $30 on a moisture meter. It'll tell you whether the wood that's on the way is really dry inside (measured on the inside after splitting open a piece).