Humidifier

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend getting a small utlrasonic humidifier for your bedroom in addition to whatever else you have. This way you don't get a bloody nose and an ultrasonic does not make much noise and there is no discusting fitler to clean. You WILL fell better if you sleep in a humidified room.

Rich

hmm showing my age I guess - what happened to the cast iron kettle on top of the stove? seemed to work for Mom & Dad. Quiet, energy efficient and a renewable resource %-P
And here's a humidty chart for your review:

ideal_hum_important_chart.jpg

Ultrasonic humidifiers don't seem to be as common as they once were. You could check your local store or try a search online to see if your local store has them. I got mine at home depot and I know sears had them. It wil usually say "ultrasonic" on the box. They are nice and quiet and no funky filter to deal with.

sydney1963 said:
Hi, I have never heard of anyone getting bloody noses from low humidity. Are you hydrating yourself? Drink plenty of water and take 2 tylenol PM before bed, I bet it will help.

WATER? No wonder I see a pic of a cat. Oh sorry that is not a cat.

Eric

Ayuh, sure does bring back memories...............Oh, well, back to the business at hand.

CTburns said:
Ultrasonic humidifiers don't seem to be as common as they once were. You could check your local store or try a search online to see if your local store has them. I got mine at home depot and I know sears had them. It wil usually say "ultrasonic" on the box. They are nice and quiet and no funky filter to deal with.

I don't think all ultrasonic humidifiers are the same. I had one for a few years, till I drop the water tank in the tub filling it up and cracked the tank. It ran nice and quiet even on hi, I had it in the bedroom. But it did have a filter that needed to be changed now and then. And it wouldn't run without the filter, and wouldn't work right if the filter needed to be changed. I got mine from heartland.

kinsman stoves said:
sydney1963 said:
Hi, I have never heard of anyone getting bloody noses from low humidity. Are you hydrating yourself? Drink plenty of water and take 2 tylenol PM before bed, I bet it will help.

WATER? No wonder I see a pic of a cat. Oh sorry that is not a cat.

Eric

Now Kinsman, explain what you mean please. LOL

woodsman23 said:
slickplant35 said:
Yes I am saving up to buy a box to put you in it.

Now that is classic slickplant. i am laughing my azz off too funny.... i miss her/him?? :cheese:

yep, i need to LMAO......come back lil' Slickplant!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.