Humming Noise on my HarmaXXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Today my HarmanXXV is making an annoying humming noise. I can't quite locate where it's coming From.

• Any help?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn Fletcher

Jan 10, 2012
South Western NH
Today my Harman XXV is creating an annoying humming noise. It almost sounds like a teapot starting to go off. It starts then stops for a few seconds then starts again off and on . Any ideas?

Can you determine where about the noise is coming from? My distribution blower housing was making a humming noise and I was able to quiet it down. If you figure out that your humming noise is coming from a similar spot I can explain how I fixed mine.

is it coming from the auger motor with the on off it that would be my guess

is it coming from the auger motor with the on off it that would be my guess
That would be my guess also. The on/off is a give-away clue. Observe the auger operation closely. It could be a tuning fork sound making auger that Harman created by mistake. Check the search option for a thread on the auger squeal. Or could it be the fines plate rubbing metal & metal?

That would be my guess also. The on/off is a give-away clue. Observe the auger operation closely. It could be a tuning fork sound making auger that Harman created by mistake. Check the search option for a thread on the auger squeal. Or could it be the fines plate rubbing metal & metal?
it seemed to have stopped. maybe just some build up. I scraped the pot the night before but didn't take the fine plate off.

Status
Not open for further replies.