Husky 41 basket case

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
My brother saw was difficult to start about two years ago so he brought it into a husky dealer. They swapped carbs and other unidentified work. He got it back and it as acting the same and they had reset the fuel pickup so that it wouldn't pivot in the tank making it only run when it was level. He complained and they handed him back the saw in with everything up stream of the piston on the intake side in pieces with two bags of parts. The piston looks good and appears to have compression. The nylon plate under the carb appear to have some damage.

Worth fixing and if so any suggestions on typical parts that fail?.

I see plenty of donor saws and used parts on ebay for it and figure I need to buy a new carb at a minimum. .

Status
Not open for further replies.