Husqvarna 235e

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
Bar and chain oil running dry before the gas. I've seen this posted but the search wont find it.Just afraid it willl wear my bar out early. I can hear it whine a little when it goes dry which i can stop and fill but don't hear it every time. Is this common? Thanks all.

What kind of oil you running?

It has to be going somewhere if your filling both at the same time........is it leaking or is the bar supersaturated with oil?

Running the Husqvarna bar and chain oil,no excess i can see.Have looked at what the chain is throwing by running the saw and watching what amount shows on a surface. Is this gonna mess things up?I have noticed about an inch of gas left at times but the oil is empty.

Bub381 said:
Running the Husqvarna bar and chain oil,no excess i can see.Have looked at what the chain is throwing by running the saw and watching what amount shows on a surface. Is this gonna mess things up?I have noticed about an inch of gas left at times but the oil is empty.

Is it there winter blend? If its the normal blend I would just switch to something heavier. Throwing lots of oil not a bad thing! (And you are very close to ideal)

I'd always want oil going to the bar. If I was you I'd stop and refill the bar oil.

I'm assuming there is no oil adjustment screw on that saw?

Just wondering if these saws do this or if i have a bad saw. ( NO ADJUSTMENT FOR OIL)

Have yet to see a saw run out of oil before gas even on high setting. Does it make a mess under the saw after you shut it down and let it sit? Does your bar have a buildup on it that won't let it clamp tight against the case?

Brought saw in and put it on the floor to see if it leaks out. Checked oil,empty again with about an inch of fuel left.Not sure just when it ran out. Bought this saw on the 27th and cut about 2 cord with it,used a qt of chain oil so far.

Bub381 said:
Just wondering if these saws do this or if i have a bad saw. ( NO ADJUSTMENT FOR OIL)

Very rare that the oil pumps out first....Normally to me means thin oil and temps warming up.

Can't figure out just what weight the oil is,i know it is thick enough to leave the web from saw to jug like it does on cold days.This is at 50 degrees.

Bub381 said:
Can't figure out just what weight the oil is,i know it is thick enough to leave the web from saw to jug like it does on cold days.This is at 50 degrees.

That should be heavy enough...lol What you have doesnt happen offten...Really not a bad thing if you get use to it!

I appreciate the help guys.lol

Bub381 said:
I appreciate the help guys.lol

Your options would be a new slower oil pump! lol sounds like your bar will last longer the way it is..........

As long as i remember to check it in between fuel fills.If it had something left when i refueled it wouldn't wear on the bar but i guess they don't make em that way anymore. Just makes it kinda like a gauge when they run out a little closer to one another.More oil longer bar life but running out too soon shorter life. Up to me to remember.It may be a small problem but wont deal with this again.Just a stick in the eye,big or small. It does seem to be a bother that shouldn't exist. I have heard of this problem before but all reviews show some bad for all so where do ya turn? lol Oh well!

Bub381 said:
As long as i remember to check it in between fuel fills.If it had something left when i refueled it wouldn't wear on the bar but i guess they don't make em that way anymore. Just makes it kinda like a gauge when they run out a little closer to one another.More oil longer bar life but running out too soon shorter life. Up to me to remember.It may be a small problem but wont deal with this again.Just a stick in the eye,big or small. It does seem to be a bother that shouldn't exist. I have heard of this problem before but all reviews show some bad for all so where do ya turn? lol Oh well!

I would just not fill the gas tank completely! And this really can be look at like a good thing.

Understood, i should have gone with a bigger saw with an adjustment i think.

Bub381 said:
Understood, i should have gone with a bigger saw with an adjustment i think.

Funny thing is pro saws still dont throw enough oil imo. I would like to have your problem on every saw I own...lol

Bub381 said:
Brought saw in and put it on the floor to see if it leaks out. Checked oil,empty again with about an inch of fuel left.Not sure just when it ran out. Bought this saw on the 27th and cut about 2 cord with it,used a qt of chain oil so far.

The saw is not functioning properly.
The saw is new; therefore, this issue is not your problem.
Return it for one that doesn't do this or for your money back.
Period.

TreePointer said:
Bub381 said:

The saw is not functioning properly.
The saw is new; therefore, this issue is not your problem.
Return it for one that doesn't do this or for your money back.
Period.

#1 complaint on new saw's and this one goes in the right direction and everyone says its a bad saw....Amazing! I will go on record of say I Wished This Was My PROBLEM WITH EVERY SAW I OWN......lmao

There is no adjustable oiler on that model.
The oil seems thick enough.
These saws are designed to run out of fuel before oil.
This particular saw is running outside of that design specification.

To me this is a major flaw. I want a saw that runs as it's designed.

This may be a known issue with this model (or a particular production lot with this model).

Big problem, small problem don't matter to me. A problem is a problem,just askin for opinions and if it's common or if it's normal.That's all.

TreePointer said:
There is no adjustable oiler on that model.
The oil seems thick enough.
These saws are designed to run out of fuel before oil.
This particular saw is running outside of that design specification.

To me this is a major flaw. I want a saw that runs as it's designed.

This may be a known issue with this model (or a particular production lot with this model).

I Know just Funny! lol I dont see things like most do.

That's what i wanted to know TreePointer, Thanks

Bub381 said:
Big problem, small problem don't matter to me. A problem is a problem,just askin for opinions and if it's common or if it's normal.That's all.

Because the saw is new, I'd return it to get one that functions properly. If purchased form a dealer, let the dealer fix it for you. Big or small issue, it's a new saw and should function properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.