1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Husqvarna 372 Xp

Post in 'The Gear' started by WellSeasoned, Nov 2, 2012.

1. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Got a used one today. Need it for this mess! Who can review it here or let me know how you like it.
    Pallet Pete and zap like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. ScotO

ScotO Guest

My 372XP is an ANIMAL. For a 70cc saw, that sucker is a wood eating machine. I bought it used locally this past summer up the mountain, and I've been putting it through it's paces lately. I will be doing a muffler mod on it soon, and possibly a Woods-port down the road, but it is fine as is. Will run a 28" bar all day long like it's nothing.....

You're gonna love that saw. And that's coming from a die-hard Stihl guy here!
  3. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

Sweet, I've got a mess to clean up, as well as helping family and friends. Some wood my smaller stihl will grown at. Been looking for a stronger saw, this is the one.
  4. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    One of the best saws they ever made,right up there with 288XP & 2100/01 CD/XP.Practically bulletproof,great power/weight ratio.
    ScotO likes this.
  5. StihlHead

StihlHead Guest

Good saw, but I like the 372xpw better (slightly larger engine). Smooth, and easy to run. It gets points, and I am a StihlHead...
    ScotO likes this.
  6. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

372 is the Husq equivalent to the Stihl 441/460. Any 70 cc Saw should be a Joy to run (if it is in good shape with good compression).

I'm sure your gonna be impressed ;)
  7. Bigg_Redd

Bigg_Redd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Shelton, WA
    The 372xp is one of the very few non-Stihl saws I'd been seen with in public
    ScotO likes this.
  8. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

:D
  9. ironworker

ironworker Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    I just bought one brand new and the only regret was, WHY DIDN'T I GET ONE SOONER!!!, you will love it.
    HittinSteel likes this.
  10. jackatc1

jackatc1 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Port Crane ny
    I bought mine 12 years ago, 4 to 6 cords a year, not yet broke in.
    Picked up a used 350 two years ago for limbing.
    I guess I am getting soft, in my old age.
  11. WellSeasoned

WellSeasoned Guest

I need this saw for the weekend, and I dropped it off at the local saw shop I use to adjust the H/L screws and to have the idle adjusted a bit. Waiting for them to get their bars in, I ordered a 24", then she'll be bucking big oak, and lots if it.
  12. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    What else can I say except, I've run and owned a lot of saws and it's my favorite.
    DexterDay likes this.
  13. Dakotas Dad

Dakotas Dad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Kentucky
    I love my 359. It's been an absolute workhorse for a dozen years.. But... I bought a new 372 this spring.. and that little 359 hasn't gotten out of the shed much since. The 372 feels better in the hand.. and cuts like a beast.

Actually did a couple hours bucking just this morning on a scroung with the 359.. and the whole time was thinking.. I miss my 372..
  14. TMonter

TMonter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hayden, ID
    You'll like the 372 it's a fantastic saw and I find I like the balance better than my MS440 but that is more personal preference than anything.