Husqvarna 372 Xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 372XP is an ANIMAL. For a 70cc saw, that sucker is a wood eating machine. I bought it used locally this past summer up the mountain, and I've been putting it through it's paces lately. I will be doing a muffler mod on it soon, and possibly a Woods-port down the road, but it is fine as is. Will run a 28" bar all day long like it's nothing.....

You're gonna love that saw. And that's coming from a die-hard Stihl guy here!

Sweet, I've got a mess to clean up, as well as helping family and friends. Some wood my smaller stihl will grown at. Been looking for a stronger saw, this is the one.

One of the best saws they ever made,right up there with 288XP & 2100/01 CD/XP.Practically bulletproof,great power/weight ratio.

Reactions: ScotO
Good saw, but I like the 372xpw better (slightly larger engine). Smooth, and easy to run. It gets points, and I am a StihlHead...

Reactions: ScotO
372 is the Husq equivalent to the Stihl 441/460. Any 70 cc Saw should be a Joy to run (if it is in good shape with good compression).

I'm sure your gonna be impressed ;)

I bought mine 12 years ago, 4 to 6 cords a year, not yet broke in.
Picked up a used 350 two years ago for limbing.
I guess I am getting soft, in my old age.

I need this saw for the weekend, and I dropped it off at the local saw shop I use to adjust the H/L screws and to have the idle adjusted a bit. Waiting for them to get their bars in, I ordered a 24", then she'll be bucking big oak, and lots if it.

I love my 359. It's been an absolute workhorse for a dozen years.. But... I bought a new 372 this spring.. and that little 359 hasn't gotten out of the shed much since. The 372 feels better in the hand.. and cuts like a beast.

Actually did a couple hours bucking just this morning on a scroung with the 359.. and the whole time was thinking.. I miss my 372..

Status
Not open for further replies.