Chain Manufacturer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

danrclem

Jul 23, 2008
KY.
I got some used chains at an estate awhile back and got some that had only 372 on them for identification. They are .050 X 3/8" and that's all I really need to know but just curious as to who made these chains.

Post a picture of them

I don't think pictures would do any good. They look a lot like Oregon 72 full chisel chain with no ID except for the 372 on the link. I just wondered if they were an old style Oregon chain but I doubt it.

Pic couldn't hurt ..

Reactions: salecker
I got some used chains at an estate awhile back and got some that had only 372 on them for identification. They are .050 X 3/8" and that's all I really need to know but just curious as to who made these chains.
I don't see yours on any list when I was searching.

I looked at lots of charts but couldn't find 372 on any of them. I was looking at one of the chains again and saw Sabre and 25 on one of the cutters. My eyes don't see as good as they used to and it was dirty. I don't think I've ever heard of Sabre chain before but after reading some it looks like it's a rebranded chain.

Reactions: thewoodlands