Husqvarna Model 36

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenLockett

Minister of Fire
Dec 27, 2011
Eastern Upstate NY
Does anyone own a Husky Model 36 (38cc / 16" Bar)? Your thoughts on it for light work (i.e. up to 12" log and limbing)? Decent power for a small saw? $50 a good deal for very good condition? If not what do you think it is worth? Thanks.

I've rehabbed a 136, it's offspring. It's basically a Poulan clamshell homeowner saw. And I think it's 36cc. It should be fine for light work. $50 in excellent running condition is a pretty good deal. I'd open up the muffler a bit and tune richer. And if you sell it, it will bring more because it says Husqvarna.

My dad bought one of those with the idea of using it for light duty use when he didn't want to pack a big saw around. The trouble with it is it is extremely hard to start when warm.
Been awhile since I messed with it but if I remember right those saws have a plastic switch on back for choke, but you can override it or something. It's very detailed in the manual but we could never figure it out. We took it to the dealer and they kinda shrugged and fiddled with it one day with no results. When it does run, it seems to do all right for branches. It's pretty slow in bigger rounds.

Like Dougand3 said it's a Poulan, but it has orange paint so will resell better.

If it runs good, I think it's worth 50

Hey guys I bought the Model 36. Runs really good. I took it apart to clean it up and ALOT of oil mixed with saw dust. This morning after cleaning last night there is fresh oil leaking from around the clutch. Has anyone with this same saw experienced this and if so do you think it is normal or is there a leak around the pump or elsewhere. Any benefit to taking the clutch off and inspecting the pump for leaks or is this going to be hard to diagnose easily. Any advice appreciated as I don't want to spend time disassembling if it is going to be hard to tell what is wrong. By the way, before I bought did verify that there is oil pumping as good stream from bar onto asphalt when I ran it. Thanks.

Most all 1990s and newer Poulans (and little Husky homeowner models) leak a small pond. They oil at idle. You can diminish it by loosening oil cap to relieve pressure when done. A towel underneath is still in order. You can tell where oil is coming from w/o clutch removal - pull the inner bar plate and run it. You'll see it coming, quite profusely, out the oiler hole.

The saw had not been idling. With the saw shutoff I completely cleaned the entire saw of all oil and debris and I had loosened the oil cap to specifically relieve any pressure as I always do on my 450. Do these things leak even when the saw has been shutdown for extended periods without pressure in tank?

Saw can soak a paper towel in the case overnight.

All my saws leak some when sitting, doesn't bother me I just store them on a scrap piece of cardboard.

Yeah this one definitely leaks but the saw dust certainly slows the flow and have it sitting on paper towels. Certainly manageable. My other two saws do not leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.