Hydr. Filter Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckSavage

Jan 31, 2006
South Jersey
I want to replace the Hydraulic Filter on my HF (Harbor Freight) splitter. Can anyone help cross reference the number on the stocker? There are 2 sets of #'s
056 115 561G

070 5AF

I tried Wix online cross reference & they came up with a match of a Lube filter on a VW/Porsche.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Purolator H32010
or napa 1259

These work for the troy built not sure for the husky.

Provided it spins on okay, I imagine any filter recommended for the hydraulic fluid of a splitter will do.

Here's a list of filters cross-listed Huskee/SpeeCo splitters by the mfg.:

Fram 1653A
Napa 1553
Cross 1A9023
Baldwin BT839
Wicks 51553

TreePointer said:
Provided it spins on okay, I imagine any filter recommended for the hydraulic fluid of a splitter will do.

Fram 1653A
Napa 1553
Cross 1A9023
Baldwin BT839
Wicks 51553

Hey treepointer can you cross the troy built for me?

smokinjay said:
TreePointer said:

Fram 1653A
Napa 1553
Cross 1A9023
Baldwin BT839
Wicks 51553

I'd be happy to if I had that access. That list was from a Huskee/SpeeCo customer service representative.

TreePointer said:
smokinjay said:
TreePointer said:

Fram 1653A
Napa 1553
Cross 1A9023
Baldwin BT839
Wicks 51553

I'd be happy to if I had that access. That list was from a Huskee/SpeeCo customer service representative.

Ok thought you had a really cool book. lol The Purolator H32010 has been discontinued looking for more options....Thanks anyway!

smokinjay said:
Ok thought you had a really cool book. lol The Purolator H32010 has been discontinued looking for more options....Thanks anyway!

Heh, I wish I had that book, too!

Most any spin on hydraulic filter built to the SAE 1 inch, 12 threads per inch center spud will interchange. Cat, Bobcat, John deere dealers will have something.
Most vendors hav e a short can about size of full size auto filter, and a long can about 8 or 9 inches long. Bigger can = more flow capacity and more dirt holding before it plugs up.

However, given the harbor freight, it may have China parts, which could be the SAE center post, or could be the metric threaded version, about 24 or 26 mm, I don't recall. Several European companies make those, I just don't have info about them.

For the $10 or so, easiest is to just buy one assuming it is SAE threads, and try it. It will be obvious if it is metric threads.

Here are some other numbers for 10 micron spin on filters.

Typical 1-12 threaded spinon Can length, inches: 5.2 = short, 8.6 = long

NAPA 1551 paper, 10 micron short
Wix 51551 paper 10 short

NAPA Gold 1259 paper?, 10 micron short

Purolator 20101 paper, 10u short
20201 paper 10u long

kevin j said:
Most any spin on hydraulic filter built to the SAE 1 inch, 12 threads per inch center spud will interchange. Cat, Bobcat, John deere dealers will have something.
Most vendors hav e a short can about size of full size auto filter, and a long can about 8 or 9 inches long. Bigger can = more flow capacity and more dirt holding before it plugs up.

However, given the harbor freight, it may have China parts, which could be the SAE center post, or could be the metric threaded version, about 24 or 26 mm, I don't recall. Several European companies make those, I just don't have info about them.

For the $10 or so, easiest is to just buy one assuming it is SAE threads, and try it. It will be obvious if it is metric threads.

Here are some other numbers for 10 micron spin on filters.

Typical 1-12 threaded spinon Can length, inches: 5.2 = short, 8.6 = long

NAPA 1551 paper, 10 micron short
Wix 51551 paper 10 short

NAPA Gold 1259 paper?, 10 micron short

Purolator 20101 paper, 10u short
20201 paper 10u long

Good info...I bought a filter a couple years ago from lowes it was in the 40.00 range! Never again...........

wix
51551-10mic
51552-20mic
51553-30mic

i think

Status
Not open for further replies.