Hydraulic quick attach

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrc

Jan 1, 2015
ohio
Put a hydraulic quick attach on my Kubota MX5100. I switch back and forth between forks and bucket all the time when doing firewood. Now I don’t have to get on and off all the time.

Put a hydraulic quick attach on my Kubota MX5100. I switch back and forth between forks and bucket all the time when doing firewood. Now I don’t have to get on and off all the time.
View attachment 309321
Is it a factory Kubota added on , Aftermarket or a homemade set up? I know after I had my first skid loader with the hydraulic quick tach I would never be with out it. I hate getting out of the skid loader cab to switch the hoses on my tree saw and grapple fork. Enjoy the new toy.

I saw a video where someone made their own. I already had hydraulic lines to the front for a snowplow so it was easy for me. I bought a 1” bore 8” stroke hydraulic cylinder. Took it to a welder and he cut the ball end off the cylinder and added a 12” piece of 1” rod and welded it on to lengthen the cylinder. Welder charged $80. Cylinder cost $120 shipped. Fittings and two 36” x1/4 hydraulic hoses cost under $60 shipped. I‘ve been hopping on and of the tractor for a long time so it makes me happy.