i am a believer...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Soapy water works on some ants but not too well on those buggers. They can be tough. Boiling water would work nice but takes too much time. Sometimes you just use whatever is handy. I once used some hornet spray but don't for the life of me remember if it worked. I think it did and was the foamy type.

gasoline works....
especially when a flame is applied
:)

:lol: That will do the trick nicely.

I wouldn't worry about EAB if you're in the middle of a quarantine zone. Don't transport it too far. The beetle will only be present under the bark, and if it's been down for a while they're probably gone anyway. IMO, quarantines are only prolonging the inevitable. The bugs do fly.

I split some black birch the other day and there was a colony of ants smack dab in the middle, I threw the splits off to the side and checked them a couple days later and there wasnt an ant to be found, not sure where they went but I three the splits into my rack for burning.

I Use a Push button propane torch. You wont get them all but you can get a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.