I am AMAZED how much a difference Pellet Brand MAKES !!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

investor7952

Feeling the Heat
Jan 16, 2009
Norther NJ
I started my Pellet History 3 weeks this Monday. I have read everyday here for 3 weeks and have gotten some great advice. My problem has been not getting enough heat when Temp is below 20 .When temp is 25 and above My Fireside Ultras would keep room 71-72 but with high settings. My settings with temp Below 20 in room temp on my Accentra would be 80 and 5.5 feed just to maintain 69-70.Above 25 -30 I could set at 75 and 4.5 feed and room would be 72 or so. I have finaly found Lignetics I cleaned stove today poured a bag in and I was BLOWN AWAY at the HEAT !! THE OUTSIDE TEMP WAS 28 SO i SET STOVE TEMP TO 75, IN 3 HOURS IT WAS 74-75 IN MY ROOM MY FURTHEST ROOM SOME 38-40 FEET AWAY 71 My upstairs hall 71 my upstairs bedrooms 70. I though I bought a $5,000 dog when I was having all these problems getting good heat out of stove.So I turned temp down to 71-72 on stove about 3 this afternoon.The room right now with the outside air temp at 19 is 73 DEGREES ! I am blown away by these Lignetis pellets .I noticed these are a bit longer than others I have been using.I have tryed
Fireside Ultras , Big Heat I have a ton of Hammers I didnt try yet but I hear they are as good as Lignetis.
So for those who think Pellet brand ,style , type dont a a difference I can Tell you for me in My Accentra insert I am sold and I am at last happy after 3 weeks of wondering if I made a big mistake.Keep in mind My house is 3,00 sft they tell me this stove isnt supposed to heat my whole house.Well I can say for right now it is.

Where did you buy them ? I think I may be having the same issue as you had in the past. I'm burning Pike Pellets in a Quadrafire 1200i Insert. What kind of stove do you have ?

Harmon Accentra insert. I bout the lignetics from a local stone guy he sell garden stuff and brick pavers. I am telling you HUGE DIFFERENCE !!

That is really interesting. Because I've been burning my insert on HIGH for the last 3 hours and the room is still 68. It's 30 out now. Where specifically ? NJ is close enough that I might consider a drive.

Hi
I am thinking of taking a drive too, where is this place that has the ligenetics
thanx

I burned 2 tons of Lignetics and have nothing but praise for them. The Barefoot pellets I am burning now are on par with the Lignetics. You may consider them if the Lignetics aren't available in your area.

The name of the company is Wingles building supply in Branchville nj. The owner told me he has 18 tons left. He has an add on Craigslist also he was telling me. 300 A TON.He also has HOT ONES But they suck. Too many fines.

973-948 -7170

I too love lignetics. I must admit though I have only tried Fireside Ultra, Corinth and NEWP, of which I bought 3 tons back in April. Unfortunately, I only purchased 10 bags of Lignetics, but they were much better than the NEWP and tons better than Corinth and Fireside Ultra.

The only other pellet I am intersted in trying is Hammers, otherwise I will probably buy Lignetics in the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.