I am interested in the pacific energy alderlea t5

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoon

Oct 2, 2009
Southwest Missouri
I would like some feedback on this stove by some users. I am very intrigued by its design. Thanks.

From reports here it is a very good stove for a medium sized house. Simple to use and gentle heater with good burn times.

Also interested in Alderlea maybe T6. Any more input? Hoe bout the moving parts on top (Grates?) are they crap or is it the well crafted machine it appears to be. Also ash cleaning dificulty and frequency. Burn times real world not calculated. Any other cool or uncool habits would be greatly apreciated.

The top trivets are heavy and stout. I don't use the ash system at all. Shovel it out about once a week during peak burning season. Burn times are pretty good and expected to be better with hardwood.

The T5 is a great stove that is easy to operate. The cast iron jacket turns it into a quite capable convection/radiant heater. The flame show is mesmerizing. I'm heating 1400 sq ft with one. The baffle is easy to remove, which makes stove/chimney cleaning simple. I was getting 5-8 hrs on soft woods. I havent thrown any hardwood at it yet...wasn't ready to burn last year....I have plenty for this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.