1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I bought pellets prior to my stove being installed

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mikeb3383, Sep 28, 2013.

1. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Weren't payin' attention to the rules, were ya? Ya can't use ANY pellets that were purchased prior to the installation of the stove, yer required to forfeit the pellets to the first person to point this out ............... I'll be expecting delivery by next Wednesday, and thank you ..............
    EastMtn and mikeb3383 like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mikeb3383

mikeb3383 New Member

I did not think of a pellet boiler. I already put a deposit on the p68.

I know a better quality pellet will give you more heat. But the better pellets around here are $300 and higher per ton not including delivery. If the somersets hold up to their reputation of putting ouy alot of heat. Then it is a bargain at a price of $719 a ton delivered.
  3. brokenknee

brokenknee Burning Hunk

Loc:
    about 30 miles NW of Bemidji MN
    $719 !!!
  4. mikeb3383

mikeb3383 New Member

Lol $719 for 3 tons delivered
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

That is not bad at all for them with delivery included.
  6. mikeb3383

mikeb3383 New Member

Three more tons of Somerset pellets were delivered today. I have 4 tons of Somersets and 1/2 ton of North American pellets ( Curran) for this winter. 20131008_153849_LLS.jpg
  7. imacman

imacman Guest

UGH.....I cringe every time I think of last winter trying to get any heat out of those things. My suggestion is to mix them 50/50 with the Sets for shoulder season.

Unless they're the softwood version......those are pretty nice.
  8. mikeb3383

mikeb3383 New Member

They are the 80/20 blend. My plan is to use them as a shoulder pellet. I got them for free from a neighbor
  9. Paul Raz

Paul Raz Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Orange County, NY
    If I were to go that route, more than likely I would look at the Harman. Already own the stove and love it so I know the quality. But again it comes down to the install and servicing. While I am pretty handy, messing with a $10,000 boiler that I know nothing about seems a little bit over my head.
  10. Bender1320

Bender1320 New Member

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    heh I just stacked 4 tons in my back patio for this winter and the stove has yet to be installed. I am doing the install myself and have most of the parts now I just gotta start putting it all together. My goal is cut the propane bill down!